The Rock Endorses First Presidential Candidate Ever, Gets Strong Mixed Reaction from Fans

Dwayne Johnson has just publicly endorsed a presidential candidate for the 2020 election, and now the wrestler-turned-actor is trending with social media filling up with thousands of mixed reactions. Although Johnson's name has come up in the past as a potential presidential candidate many of his fans would love to see run for office, this marks the first time the Hollywood star has ever publicly endorsed a presidential candidate.
As a political independent & centrist, I’ve voted for both parties in the past. In this critical presidential election, I’m endorsing @JoeBiden & @KamalaHarris.
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) September 27, 2020
Progress takes courage, humanity, empathy, strength, KINDNESS & RESPECT.
We must ALL VOTE: https://t.co/rZi1mxh8DCpic.twitter.com/auLbc8xDBv
"As a political independent & centrist, I've voted for both parties in the past. In this critical presidential election, I'm endorsing Joe Biden & Kamala Harris. Progress takes courage, humanity, empathy, strength, KINDNESS & RESPECT," Johnson posted on Twitter.
Also included in the tweet is a video of Johnson delving further into his decision to endorse Biden and Harris. The future WWE Hall of Famer reveals that he personally spoke with Biden and Harris about some of the most important issues affecting America today, even including video footage of the call with both candidates.
"We are approximately five weeks away from election day, arguably the most critical election our country has seen in decades," Johnson also explains in the video, leading into his chat with Biden and Harris. Before closing out the clip, Johnson also summarizes what he says led to his decision.
"To me, there's a lot of ways that we as a human race can make progress, but the most powerful way for us to make progress, to me, is through humanity, is through decency," the Hobbs & Shaw star states. "Progress through humanity, progress through decency, through equality... progress through kindness, 'cause kindness matters."
Without mentioning the current president of the United States by name, Johnson is making it clear he's not the biggest fan of Trump. Still, the two are both members of the WWE Universe, as Trump has made several appearances on WWE programming over the years. This even includes a physical altercation with Vince McMahon along with an induction into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2011. Though Johnson is obviously a lock for the Hall of Fame, the world-famous wrestling superstar still has yet to be officially inducted, though he personally inducted his father and grandfather in 2008.
It goes without saying that politics is a very touchy topic for voters on both sides, and some fiery reactions have been posted online. Many fans who support Trump are making it clear they will no longer support Johnson. According to one tweeter, some former fans have even already begun burning Johnson's movies in response.
"Unfortunately everyone I know is about to turn our backs to the Rock. We used to be huge fans. My children have already started burning his movie's. Such a sad day to hear rock say this. My teen's took this really hard. Figured he was smarter than this," the tweet reads.
Unfortunately everyone I know is about to turn our backs to the Rock. We used to be huge fans. My children have already started burning his movie's. Such a sad day to hear rock say this. My teen's took this really hard. Figured he was smarter than this.
— Jamie Eaton (@JamieJulieEaton) September 27, 2020
Meanwhile, many other fans of The Rock hoping to see Biden and Harris come out on the winning side in November are backing Johnson's endorsement. This includes independents as well as Republicans who feel it's time for a new president to be sworn in.
"I voted for Trump in 2016 and I'm now voting for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, thank you Rock," tweets one fan.
I voted for Trump in 2016 and I’m now voting for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, thank you Rock.
— David ex Trump voter for Biden Weissman (@davidmweissman) September 27, 2020
In any case, the results of this year's U.S. presidential election are likely to create widespread controversy, no matter which side wins. To say the least, it's going to be interesting to see what happens. This news comes to us from The Rock on Twitter.
All this proves is that you are a overpaid Hollywood IDIOT! Not one more dime of my money will be spent watching anything you are in! No fans, no career! Bye Bitch! πΊπΈπΊπΈπΊπΈ
— TrekTodd (@TrekkieTodd) September 27, 2020
I smell what the Rock is cooking (yeah I went there). “Progress takes courage, humanity, empathy, strength, KINDNESS & RESPECT.” https://t.co/2DMJv7ANkg
— Daryl (@justDarylD) September 27, 2020
I was a huge fan of yours. You were one of the guys I looked up to when I was in a dark period in my life. It’s too bad that you’ve not only stood against cops in the past couple of months, but are now endorsing two spiritually wicked people. And now, I turn my back on you.
— Zeek Arkham (Notable Exception) (@CopWithAttitude) September 27, 2020
Progress takes courage, humanity, empathy, strength, KINDNESS & RESPECT. #Vote#VoteBidenHarris2020https://t.co/QDW9d3AaiK
— Dawn Sawyer ππ (@dmgsawyer) September 27, 2020
You use to be my favorite of all time. You’ll never be that again. In the words of Randy Orton, stupid.
— Ralph Borriello (@RalphBorriello) September 27, 2020
Thank you!
— CarrieA πππΊπΈππ (@99Carrie) September 27, 2020
Kindness, respect, and empathy are what our country needs. πΊπΈπΊπΈπΊπΈπΊπΈπΊπΈπΊπΈπΊπΈπΊπΈ
What a disappointment. You know nothing. Hollywood needs to keep their mouths shut while they are sitting pretty in their mansions. You’re not effected by any of this. You definitely lost my respect.
— Kate (@ktbbyx0) September 27, 2020
Had me worried about The Rock, but it turns out he supports Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. In other words: The Rock is awesome. pic.twitter.com/biHVvdh9zt
— G.R.S Jackson #BlackLivesMatter (@GRSJacksonReal) September 27, 2020
I will never pay to watch another movie of yours.
— Terry LEO (Ret) (@editor_wp) September 27, 2020
Fantastic news and interviews. And can I just add @TheRock NO ONE has ever deserved the moniker "The Rock" before more than you? You are looking stellar and in incredible shape. I'm glad to see that COIVD-19 did not win with you or your family. Blessed be and thank you for this! https://t.co/7jkuunYHVt
— MakeAmericaSAFEAgain20 (@SafeAmerica2020) September 27, 2020
Too bad! You have just been added to my list of never watch again’s.
— Janis (@Janis16299850) September 27, 2020
Hell yes, Rock. ❤️
— Greg Miller (@GameOverGreggy) September 27, 2020
I've been a huge fan for a long time. Feeling really let down now. I genuinely felt you had two functioning synapses to rub together before now, @TheRock
— Dan DaFuque, thinkin'? (@MindFuel6) September 27, 2020
Welcome to the resistance, The Rock.
— Angela Belcamino (@AngelaBelcamino) September 27, 2020
This is truly a very poor decision. I guess the Rock is more gullible than I thought he was.
— RD (@real_defender) September 27, 2020
Hell yea! pic.twitter.com/v6jqOpgjx2
— A Republic if you can keep it (@GhostOfJustin1) September 27, 2020
I’m so disappointed in @TheRock I wish he would’ve kept his mouth shut. I can’t support him knowing what he supports. I’m done with The Rock. Will never watch another movie with The Rock in it.
— Serena Anne (@Lilstars16) September 27, 2020
The orange moron is gonna go after The Rock, and I’m here for DJ’s response!!!
— Jo (@JoJoFromJerz) September 27, 2020
The Rock endorsed Sleepy Joe? π€
— Victor Godwin (@BigGoddy2001) September 27, 2020
Well, it does seem those tight fitting t-shirts he tends to wear must have cut off all circulation to his brains. π#DumbAsARock
π
Thank you, @TheRock π
— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) September 27, 2020
Related: Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki and Hawkeye Disney+ Series to Resume Filming Soon?
from Movieweb - Feed https://ift.tt/3cD7X97
Comments
Post a Comment